Friday, February 26, 2016

Fangirl Inspiration

Heard it from a friend who...
heard it from a friend who...
heard it from another........some awesome scrappy inspiration! (I just can't resist an excuse to sing me some REO Speedwagon!)

Anyway...here's how it went down today:

I was listening to one of my favorite scrappy podcasts - The Scrap Gals Podcast

And wanted to chit chat, so I headed over to their Facebook group - The Scrap Gals Community

When Tracie, one of their hosts, posted a link to this YouTube video by designer and amazingly beautiful scrapbooker Paige Evans - 143 Layouts

Oh my goodness! For one thing, 143 layouts in a year! And ...just look how gorgeous they are! What talent...and so much inspiration!

So, I just loved her layouts with cut out mosaic-y type shapes, with splashes of patterned paper underneath - I immediately had to try to create something like it for myself.

Here's one of the layouts that inspired me: Paige Evans heart cut out layout

And this is the digital layout I created. It's a 6 x 8 layout created in Photoshop CS5. I drew the star myself in Photoshop. All of the papers and elements are from the Just Jaimee March Storyteller Kit except for the washi tape which is by Jenn Barrette.

So...to all my scrappy friends - thanks for the inspiration!

~ Tiffany



PS: Here's a PNG file of the star I made so you can create your own mosaic layout! You can use it in Photoshop or trace it in Silhouette Studio to make a cut file. Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. This is just wonderful! I love it and I'm so glad you were inspired! I am too. I want to make something Paige style the next time I sit down to create. :)

    ReplyDelete